Toe pain or ache in the muscles or bone in the toes is the indication that there is something uncomfortable happening inside the epidermal layer of your toes. Many disorders can result in toe pain and they are calluses, bunions, arthritis, nail conditions, and so on. When this happens, you cannot put any pressure on your foot, and this might result in hindering your movements.
Toenails can be of many inner lying reasons, and the best way of treating them is by consulting the right expert. Dr. Sima Soltani is your best solution while looking for a podiatrist in Irvine. They are experienced foot doctors and can help you in treating the toenail issue with the help of laser toenail fungus removal treatment. You can check their webpage for all the required information.
Causes of Toe Pain
Here are some commonly diagnosed causes of toenail pain.
- Infections in the toenails
- Nerve conditions
- Sores on the toes
- Poor blood circulation
- Peripheral artery diseases
- Broken, dislocated, or sprained toes
- Calluses or corns
- Ingrown toenail
- Nerve compression or impingement
The symptoms that you are suffering from will determine the actual cause of toenail pain. The toenail fungus laser treatment is suggested for people that are suffering from some severe symptoms such as,
- A sense of burning or warmth in the joints
- Discoloration of the skin, redness, bruising, or even purple color on toes
- Cold toes
- Lumps or bumps on the skin
- Toe deformity
- Difficulty in making any movement in your toes or stiffness in the joints
These are the initial symptoms that indicate that there is something wrong with your toes. If not treated at the early stages, then it can cause life-threatening conditions. Hence, a Naples foot pain specialist or the podiatrists suggest making an appointment with them if you experience any difficulties or pain in the toes.
The severity of the toe pain when not treated early can cause some effects such as,
- A change in the sense of alertness or consciousness
- Streaks or lumps around the area where you feel toe soreness
- Increase in the heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing, a sense of shortness of breath, and wheezing problem
- Fever reaching 38 degrees Celsius or 101 degrees Fahrenheit
Apart from the laser treatment for toenail fungus many options are available for treating toenail issues. Before choosing one, you should clarify all your doubts such as,
· Safety with laser technique
The podiatrists will have access to the best equipment for laser therapy and they can guarantee safe treatment for your toenail issue.
· Eligibility for the treatment
The podiatrists will determine whether you are the ideal candidate for the laser toenail fungus removal technique based on your condition. They diagnose the severity of the issue and will suggest whether or not to go for it.
The laser beams with a certain wavelength as set by your podiatrist will be sent directly into the area of infection. The treatment aims to target the fungal spores that are causing the infection in any particular area in your toe. You will experience the results within the next 6 to 18 months, based on the severity of the condition.