For a reason or two, you may need to compress your videos. Many people compress videos to create more space on their hard drives. On the other hand, you may want to compress videos to use them on various social accounts. It is known that accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter among others have limits on the size of videos or photos you upload.
Starting with UniConverter, there are thousands of video compressors you can use for reducing the size of your videos. Some are available on the internet but others can be downloaded. Wondershare offers three different versions of video compressors:
1. Wondershare UniConverter.
This is the most recommended free video converter for Mac in 2021. It’s an all-in-one video program that enables you to compress videos on Mac and convert video formats conveniently. The best thing is that the files don’t lose their original quality after compression. The images remain clear as before. This software will save you time because it allows you to compress multiple files at a go.
Wondershare UniConverter allows you to customize the output parameters of the output video. Some parameters that can be predetermined include bitrate, file size, and file format. The software is also great because it allows users to edit videos (trimming, cropping, and adding effects). You can also burn your videos to DVD and convert any videos on your Mac PC to any format that suits your needs.
The Key Features of Wondershare UniConverter.
- Burning MP4 video files to a DVD.
- Allows you to transfer the compressed files to an external device or your smartphone.
- Useful in converting and compressing more than 1000 file formats.
- It compresses videos 30X faster than most video compressors.
- Customizing vital parameters like video bit rate, resolution, encoder, and frame rate.
- Has an inbuilt screen recording feature that lacks in most video compressors
Compressing Videos with Wondershare UniConverter.
- Install Wondershare UniConverter on your Mac device.
- Open it and click the “Video Compressor” button on the software’s dashboard.
- Add the videos you want to compress by dragging and dropping them into its interface.
- Tab on the settings icon and set up the basic video compressing parameters such as file size.
- At this point, you can choose to compress all the videos at once or compress them one by one. The “Compress” button is useful when you want to compress individual files. For a batch compression click “Start All.”
2. Wondershare Free Video Converter.
Wondershare is very considerate and hence thought of this free video converter that is equally useful as the first version. The Wondershare Free Video Converter supports the compression of various file formats. This software isn’t only useful for compressing videos but also converting them to various formats and editing videos. When editing your videos to upload to various platforms, you can trim unnecessary sections of your videos. You can also crop the videos to a specific frame size.
How to Compress Videos Using Wondershare Free Video Converter.
- Start by downloading and installing this software on your PC. Click the Toolbox button and tap Video Compress.
- Drag and drop the videos you wish to compress to the pop-up window that appears on the screen.
- Customize the parameters of the output videos you want to get and click the Compress button.
- Online UniConverter.
Wondershare came at the right time to solve digital challenges among different people. When it comes to video compression on Mac devices, they have an online version of the UniConverter software. It was originally called Media.io and is free to use. You can compress videos in any format by altering the file size and video resolution.
The Online UniConverter comes with a simple interface that anyone who knows how to read can use. The process to compress the videos is easy and only requires you to add the files after opening it on your browser and clicking on Compress.
Optimum use of storage space is paramount for any business including big companies with many files. Compressing video files on your Mac device creates more space to save your documents or files. Whether you want to compress MP4, AVI, or any other video file format, you can use any of the three video converters for Mac. It is upon you to analyze them and know the one that is right for your conversion task.