If you are worried about your property’s security or are interested in upgrading its security, then you might be wondering how a locksmith can help. In this article brought to you by 843 Locksmith, we will go over some common types of locks as well as the common services provided by locksmiths. If you need a locksmith in Charleston or a locksmith in Mount Pleasant, then feel free to call 843 Locksmith. Our friendly representatives are ready to take your call.
What Types of Locks Do We Work On?
There are many manufacturers that produce locks, but this is not what we are focused on here. Instead, let’s review the types of locks that locksmiths work on:
- Padlocks: Padlocks are freestanding, portable locks. They can be keyed or use a combination
- Knob Locks: These are the most common types of locks as they are used in most indoor locks. The lock cylinder on knob locks are found on the knob itself, therefore these are NOT recommended on exterior doors.
- Mortise Locks: These locks are threaded and use mortise components installed within the door. The box lock is installed in a deep recess in the edge of the door and secured using screws. They come in various heights and lengths to suit different types of doors.
- Deadbolt Locks: Deadbolts offer stronger security against burglaries and break-ins. They come in single, double, and vertical types. Deadbolt locks are more resistant against physical attacks, battering, and boring.
- Keypad Locks: Rather than a key, these locks use numerical keypads. They offer entry without a key and allow for multiple custom codes. This means building managers can restrict and control access by giving different codes to different people.
- Smart Locks: Electronic locks are more advanced than keypad locks. They can be WiFi- or Bluetooth enabled, allowing you to control them remotely. These require batteries and power, however, and are prone to electrical issues.
Types of Services Locksmiths Offer
Locksmiths can work on a wide range of lock types, for commercial, auto, and residential properties. Let’s go over some of the common services we offer for each.
- Commercial Locksmith Services: Your business is your bread and butter, and a locksmith can help secure your property. Locksmiths can install, replace, and repair locks of many types. They can also install security systems, access controls, master key systems, and so forth.
- Residential Locksmith Services: Are you worried about break-ins in your neighborhood? A locksmith can upgrade your locks, change your locks, and replace locks. They can also install security systems, provide key replacements, and offer lockout services.
- Auto Locksmith Services: The world is your oyster – as long as you have a mode of transportation. A locksmith can make sure you have access to your vehicle. They offer lockout services, key replacements, key fob programming, ignition repair and replacements, and key extractions.
Need an Emergency Locksmith?
Are you looking for emergency locksmith services? Call 843 Locksmith to speak with a live representative today. We are happy to help and dispatch a locksmith to your location as soon as possible. We serve all areas of Charleston and Mount Pleasant.