In the past, the word document was generally used for denoting written proof useful as truth or fact evidence. Document in the computer age usually denotes a chiefly textual computer file comprising its format and structure. Contemporarily, the document is not defined through its transmitted medium like paper given the electronic document’s existence. The document can simply help in tracking someone’s information which makes it easy for others to recognize. While documents can have a range of customization and all documents can be freely shared and have the right for doing so.
The document’s media traditionally was paper and the application of information is done through ink either by a mechanical process or by handwriting. Nowadays, also, some short documents might comprise sheets of paper together stapled.
Documents historically were inscribed along with ink on papyrus or simple parchment, the scratched as runes or on a stone carved with the help of a sharp tool like the in the Bible the tablets of stone, incised or stamped in clay and baked then for making clay tablets for instance in the Sumerian and other civilization of Mesopotamian. The parchment or papyrus was rolled often into a scroll or simply cut into sheets and also bound into a codex.
The document can be easily structured like forms, lists, scientific charts, or tabular documents, semi-structured like a newspaper or a book article, or unstructured such as a handwritten note. Sometimes the documents are classified as public, private, or secret. Also, they might be referred to as proofs or drafts. While copying of documentation is done the source usually denominated the original. There is the use of them in numerous fields:
- Media: Image, mock-up, newspaper article, image, and script.
- Business: Quote, invoice, manifest, proposal, RFP, packing slip, contract, spreadsheet, report, mutual non-disclosure agreement, MSDS, bill of lading, waybill, non-disclosure agreement, and financial statement.
- Politics, law, and administration; Certificate, constitutional document, gazette, application, commission, brief, identity document, summons, white paper, summons, manifesto, census, license, and form.
- Academia: Journal, technical drawing, manuscript, paper, chart, and thesis.
- Planning and geography: Legend, Cadastre, topographic map, and architecture plan like standard document can be based on a template be easily drafted.
The document’s page layout is how information is arranged graphically in the document’s space like on a page. In case the document’s appearance is of concern then the page layout is usually the graphic designer’s responsibility. The concerns of typography are the letter design and symbol forms and in the document the physical arrangement. Information design mainly concerns effective information communication, particularly in public signs and industrial documents. The simple textual documents might not need virtual design and only might be drafted by a clerk, transcriber, or author. The forms might need a virtual design mainly for the initial fields while failing to complete the forms.
It can be concluded that a document can be described as a drawn, written, memorialized, or presented representation of thought. The dokumenty kolekcjonerskie can aid in easily recognizing a person’s identity.