Most of us live through a scenario wherein we need to use a makeup remover to get rid of all the foundations, creams, and lotions that we had used throughout the day. We are offering a smart way to do that. Post that, we will discuss how we can shortlist one such product as per your schedule and skin type.
So, it has been a long day, and you are exhausted. Your draft was rejected, the baby was not well, and the refrigerator decided it was the perfect day to break down. All this has taken a toll on you mentally and physically, and all you want to do is remove your mask, kick off your shoes and jump into bed.
It sounds like a great plan where everything seems to be going your way, except that it is not. Apart from the fact that you need to change your clothes before bed, there is another important task many of us tend to skip on such days - removing the makeup.
Why should you remove your makeup before bed?
Removing your makeup can feel like the last thing you want to do, especially when you are tired. So, you might think that washing your face would be enough. But unfortunately, most of the makeup we apply will not go away with just water.
In that case, you can take it off in the morning, right? No, because that is one of the worst things you can do to your skin, and you should stay away from it.
Here are some reasons for it:
- Most makeup products contain oils that mays clog skin pores. They may lead to acne and inflammation if left overnight.
- When you leave your makeup on your skin, you also leave behind the day's collection of pollution and dirt. This may lead to oxidative damage of the skin cells.
- When makeup and dead skin cells are trapped in the skin, it can affect the rejuvenation of the live cells. This could lead to a dull complexion.
- When you go to bed with your makeup on, it settles as a powdery mass into the folds of your skin. This could cause fine lines and crow’s feet, thus making you look older.
- If there is a cut or scratch on your skin, the makeup residues and dirt can get into your skin cells. This can cause infections, inflammation, and even pain.
- Not cleansing your skin before bed prevents it from 'breathing.' This can affect how you look the next morning.
- Applying night cream or anti-aging products on top of your makeup renders them ineffective and may even make things worse.
Besides these, taking the time to remove your makeup before bed has other benefits too.
- For one, a gentle massage stimulates blood circulation in your skin.
- It also makes your skin more receptive to the ingredients in your night cream, so you have a fresh, glowing face the next day.
- Then there are its therapeutic benefits- washing your skin off such topical applications feels like 'washing away’ your stress too.
How to choose a Makeup Remover for Sensitive Skin?
Just as there are specific skincare products for every skin type, your choice of makeup remover should also consider your skin type. Depending on your skin type, you may need to include certain ingredients and avoid others, as the wrong product can worsen. This is particularly important for people with sensitive skin.
- Removing makeup before bed is crucial for this skin type, as your skin is more vulnerable to damage by harmful chemicals and impurities. Unfortunately, they could put your skin at risk of inflammation and cause health issues like rosacea or eczema. What makes the matter worse is that regular soap or body cleansers are ineffective against these issues, and they may further damage the skin barrier.
- If you have sensitive skin, you need to pay more attention to what you should avoid in your makeup remover. First, stay away from alcohol and fragrances that can irritate sensitive skin. While alcohol is great to break down tough makeup, it can be too harsh for sensitive skin.
Choosing a gentle and nourishing makeup remover
In micellar water, the molecules of the cleansing ingredients form tiny balls called micelles. The micelles effectively pull impurities and excess oil away from the skin, leaving it clean and clear. Micelles also make the skin more receptive to the ingredients of moisturizers or serums you apply after cleansing.
One gentle product that could help remove makeup on sensitive skin is the Mamaearth Micellar Water Foaming Makeup Remover. This Mamaearth product is a water-based cleanser that contains well-known skin-friendly ingredients like rose water, glycerine, and glycolic acid - the perfect combination for sensitive skin.
- Rosewater has anti-inflammatory properties that prevent irritation and balances the skin's pH by removing excess oil.
- Glycolic acid gently exfoliates the skin and tightens pores.
- Glycerine hydrates the skin and keeps the moisture locked in for longer.
Thus, Mamaearth Micellar Water Makeup Remover works well to remove eye makeup and waterproof makeup. It leaves the skin feeling fresh, clean, and moisturized. What is more, it is free from harmful chemicals like sulfates, silicones, parabens, and phthalates. This product also comes with a handy brush that makes it easy to use.
Other Gentle and Nourishing Options
While micellar water is great to get rid of the toughest waterproof makeup, you may be able to make do with other gentle cleansers to get rid of light makeup. Here are a few gentle makeup-removing cleansers to consider for sensitive skin.
1. Mamaearth Ubtan Cleansing Milk
Crafted with traditional ingredients like Turmeric and Saffron, this gentle cleansing milk hydrates the skin while gently cleansing it from the accumulated dirt and impurities. A perfect partner for all skin types, Mamaearth Ubtan Cleansing Milk is an extremely lightweight and non-greasy cleanser.
The power of antioxidants in Turmeric brightens the skin and protects it from sun damage, while Saffron soothes and aids in skin repair. With Shea Butter and Coconut Oil, your skin remains moisturized and nourished, even after cleansing.
2. Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Wash with Vitamin C and Turmeric
Vitamin C is all the rage these days, thanks to its anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties. This face wash cleanses skin while repairing damage and boosting collagen production for younger-looking skin. The turmeric in the cleanser also helps give skin an additional brighter glow.
3. Mamaearth Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Wash
Apple Cider Vinegar retains the skin's natural pH, cleanses it, and eliminates any traces of makeup and dirt. Gentle enough for sensitive skin, it also contains aloe vera that strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier and keeps it safe from infection and inflammation.
With these powerful face cleansers that double up as makeup removers, you can cleanse your face from makeup and keep it nourished and hydrated. You can have clear, glowing, and glowing skin by using these makeup removers twice a day.