Book to film adaptations are exceptionally hit concepts. But only a few of these jewels leave behind everything and become blockbusters who not only earn recognition but deliver a whopping amount of money worldwide. Today we will talk about probably the most loved one’s and successful among the audience.
While searching over the internet I came across an article posted by Betway Casino that spoke about the incredible list of movies that were adopted from books. Books such as Ian Fleming’s James Bond that was responsible for many blockbusters that will always stand the test of time, brilliantly written and amazingly performed. Such big movies invite humongous material sources that they are dependent upon.
Loved Books like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit were very much a hit among their audience but when they are adapted as movies, they were even a bigger success but of course after some added creatives named actors and fellow technicians. Below are a some more from the list.
- The Shawshank Redemption – In light of the novella Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King, The Shawshank Redemption was somewhat of a lethargic burner. It was also named as the best movie adapted from that time. It also a one of the best IMBD’s best rated movie. Not based on a true story, it teaches some of the best life lessons. The characters for the movies have given a great voice.
- A Clockwork Orange – It’s 2021 and we are rightly late to the clockwork orange party and we pulled in the movie to check the plot and how the book turned out in screenplay. A Clockwork Orange is a cold yet dark horror movie, it has the most known work so far in the russian region. The movie received mixed reviews upon its release, the movie was slowly becoming a huge hit which later turned controversial because of its scenes.
- Battle Club – A brilliant movie based on the novel by Chuck Palahniuk. It’s led by solid portrayals from Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, and to special mention Helena Bonham Carter, who broke all stereotypes and limits of her times with her portraying as Marla Singer. I’ll end this note by saying ‘the main guideline of Fight Club is you don’t discuss Fight Club’.
- To Kill A Mockingbird – An Oscar winning film based on the novel that is recognized around the world. The film has received 3 oscars, which includes Best Screenplay of the movie and Best Actor for Gregory Peck’s. Harper Lee’s presentation in the book is known to have sold more than 2 million copies and the movie is a great adaptation of the book story.
- Club Royale (2006) – We believe there are very few people around the globe who might say that they don’t know who James Bond is or might have not seen the James Bond movie. The Club royale is one of the noteworthy book to film adaptations so far. Daniel Craig rightly portrays James Bond roles. This led to Fleming’s multiple installment to the movie adaptation of the title and its success was not hidden from anyone. Remaining bound to the story and yet refreshing, Casino Royale was the highest earning bond film ever till the time skyfall entered.
- The Harry Potter Series – Harry Potter series were an instant hit with the audience of every age. The book received good reviews but it was the film adaptation of JK Rowling’s novel that made everyone star and rich overnight. The adaptation to film reached the audience to their home like no other fiction movie.
- Silence of the lambs – The silence of the lamb is not based on a true story. Made with simplicity and presented in a way that made the audience believe as if the story was all the way true and Hannibal did eat her sister. For many years, there were lot of questions related to the script that popped on the internet which made the movie a talk of town for many years.