If you’re a coffee lover, you know there are endless ways to enjoy your favorite brew. From Long Black Coffee and cold brews to espressos and pour-overs, Irish Winter, the options are seemingly endless.
However, with so many choices, it can be hard to know where to start. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of five essential coffee drinks everyone should know how to make.
By learning how to prepare these drinks, you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee no matter what your mood or preference may be.
Long Black Coffee
What is long black coffee?
So what is long black coffee? For the uninitiated, a long black coffee is simply espresso shots topped up with hot water. No milk, no sugar, nothing else – just pure coffee goodness. Some people find the taste a little too intense, but many coffee lovers personally love it.
How to make Long Black Coffee?
- The best way to make a long black coffee is to start with a fresh pot of coffee. If you don’t have time to brew a pot, you can use a single serve cup, but the coffee won’t be as fresh.
- Once you have your coffee, add some milk to it. The milk will help to smooth out the flavor of the coffee and make it more palatable.
- Then, add a sweetener of your choice. Sugar, honey, or even chocolate syrup all work well in black coffee.
- Finally, add a shot of espresso. The espresso will add some bitterness to the coffee, but it will also give it a nice boost of caffeine. Stir everything together and enjoy!
What is Italian coffee?
If you’re looking for a delicious, rich cup of coffee, you can’t go wrong with Italian coffee. Often made with dark roasted beans, Italian coffee is known for its strong flavor and intense caffeine kick.
And if you really want to get the full Italian coffee experience, try pairing it with a sweet pastry or biscotti.
How to make Italian coffee?
- First, you’ll need to start with a good quality beans.
- Second, use a small amount of water and let it come to a boil.
- Third, use a stovetop espresso maker or Moka pot to make your coffee.
- Fourth, don’t forget the most important ingredient: freshly ground espresso beans.
- Fifth, add some sugar if you like it sweet.
- And finally, sit back and enjoy your delicious cup of Italian coffee!
French connection coffee
What is French connection coffee?
Traditionally, French connection coffee contains two espresso shots and boiled milk. The coffee gets its name from the way it is served – in a tall glass with a long-handled spoon.
The coffee is usually made with dark roast coffee beans, and the milk is steamed until it is light and frothy. The resulting drink is rich, creamy, and slightly sweet.
How to make French connection coffee?
If you want to make a French connection coffee, you’ll need two things: coffee and cognac.
For the coffee, it’s best to use a dark roast, as the bold flavors will stand up to the cognac. Once you’ve brewed your coffee, add a shot of cognac. If you find the flavor too strong, you can always add more coffee.
Just be sure not to add too much cognac, or you’ll end up with a very strong cup of coffee indeed. Bon appetit!
Maple Pecan latte
What is Maple Pecan latte?
It is a delicious fall-themed beverage that combines the sweetness of maple syrup with the rich flavor of pecans. Traditionally, the drink is made with espresso, steamed milk, and flavored syrup.
How to make Maple Pecan latte?
Just grab a coffee mug, some pecans, maple syrup and milk (or cream, if you’re feeling naughty). To make the latte, start by brewing a strong cup of coffee.
Then, toast the pecans in a dry frying pan over medium heat until they’re fragrant and starting to brown. Add a splash of maple syrup and continue to cook for a minute or so, stirring often.
Once the pecans are coated in syrup, add them to the coffee along with a splash of milk or cream. Stir well and enjoy!
What is Irish Winter Coffee?
Irish winter coffee is best enjoyed on a cold winter’s day, preferably in front of a roaring fire. So if you’re looking for a cozy way to warm up this winter, give Irish winter coffee a try.
How to make Irish Winter Coffee?
Irish winter coffee is the perfect way to warm up on a cold day. And it’s easy to make, too! Just follow these simple steps:
- Combine coffee and whiskey in a mug. You can use any type of coffee you like, but we recommend using a strong brew. And as for the whiskey, we recommend using Irish whiskey for the best flavor.
- Add some sugar to taste. We like to add just enough sugar to take the edge off the bitterness of the coffee.
- Top off with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. The whipped cream helps to create a smooth, rich texture, and the cinnamon adds a touch of warmth.
Enjoy your Irish winter coffee! And be sure to stay warm this season!