While Nevada may remain the spiritual home of brick-and-mortar gambling in the US, it’s New Jersey that remains synonymous with online casino wagering and sports betting stateside.
After all, online casino gameplay has been legal in NJ since 2012, while the state was also one of the first to regulate sports betting after the controversial PAPSA legislation was finally struck down in May 2018.
You can search the most reputable New Jersey online casinos at bestonlinecasino.com, but in this post, we’ll shortlist the best five platforms that operate within the state.
A Glimpse at the New Jersey Market
There’s no doubt that iGaming represents significant business in New Jersey, while the GGY for the state market continues to grow incrementally year-on-year.
In March of this year, for example, total online gaming revenue for the month reached $113.7 million, with this representing an increase of 75.4% in relation to 2020’s figures.
This was despite a further boom in New Jersey iGaming in March last year, as the coronavirus began to take hold stateside and forced land-based casino customers to seek out betting opportunities online.
If we drill down deeper into these numbers, we see that online slots dominated this yield, accounting for a whopping $110.0 million. The remaining $2.7 million could be attributed to peer-to-peer poker, with this providing a steady stream of revenue for casinos across the board.
Interestingly, online wagering was similarly dominant in the sports betting vertical, with desktop and mobile wagers contributing $780.1 million of the $859.6 million bet across all channels.
In the year ending March 2021, total revenue jumped by 360.9% year-on-year, peaking at an impressive $60.8 billion overall.
The Leading Online Casinos in NJ
With these figures in mind, it should come as no surprise that the iGaming market in New Jersey is packed full of competing casino brands. Here our breakdown of the leading operators:
- BetMGM: We’ll start with BetMGM, which is widely considered to be the best online casino in NJ and home to one of the most lucrative welcome offers in the iGaming marketplace. This takes the form of a 100% deposit match up to the value of $1,000, along with a $25 wager on the house (the latter of which expires seven days after registration). This generous offer is available to any new player who deposits a minimum of $10.
- Borgata: We already spoke about how slots dominate iGaming in NJ, and there’s no doubt that the Borgata casino is home to the biggest slots’ library in the state. This is certainly the best online casino operator for playing a diverse range of online slots, while the site also offers a 100% deposit match welcome bonus up to the value of $600. Of course, Borgata is also renowned as one of the top brick-and-mortar casinos in New Jersey’s Atlantic City, so it has a reputation for excellence that extends across the brand as a whole.
- 888 Casino: The 888 Casino brand is one of the best-known in the world, and it continues to host players in a raft of different countries. It’s also one of the very best platforms from the perspective of mobile casino gameplay, as its full range of games and payment methods can be accessed both through secure mobile browsers and native apps for iOS and Android. It also boasts a large range of games, along with an exceptional and much-loved sportsbook.
- Virgin Casino: The Virgin Casino platform is one that’s incredibly popular and highly respected in New Jersey, thanks largely to the exceptional cashback offers that it delivers to its players. Such offers are also supplemented by a 100% deposit match bonus up to the value of $100, creating a lucrative incentive that enables players to recoup cash in instances where they’re initial wagers incur a net loss. You should check out the site to read the precise terms of the offer, but it’s definitely something that sets the casino apart from its rivals.
- Tropicana: We’re big fans of the Tropicana site, which is arguably the best platform in New Jersey from the perspective of online bingo players. Interestingly, the casino features a 100% deposit match bonus up to the value of $100, while it’s also characterised by a real cashback offer that’s available to all players who credit their new account with a minimum of $10. This is certainly an excellent site if you’re an online bingo fan in NJ, as not every casino platform offers this vertical to their customers.