Your teeth are essential. They help you chew and talk, but they can also enhance your appearance or do the opposite. With hat said, here are some tips to keep your teeth as white as possible.
- A White Teeth Diet Can Help– One thing to keep in mind is that whatever you put in your mouth will show in your teeth, which means that if you drink wine, smoke cigarettes and things of that nature, then chances are you won’t have the whitest teeth. A good rule of thumb is that if something is dark and you put it in your mouth, the chances are it will show on your teeth. You should brush your teeth after you eat foods that can lead to staining, and a good bleaching agent should be used, and you should also be aware of foods and drinks that can leave your teeth stained. If you do this, then you could end up getting your teeth whiter.
If you have dental issues or are wearing braces then it might be a good idea to consult with your dentist first beforehand. Companies providing traditional or more modern Invisalign braces may inform you to wait.
- Time Your Brushing – Two minutes is the least amount of time it should take to brush your teeth. This is why you need to time your brushing. All you have to do is set a timer for two minutes and then brush your teeth until the timer goes off.
- Know How To Grip Your Toothbrush – Knowing how to grip your toothbrush can help, and with that said, you should grip your toothbrush as if it was a pencil. You will want to brush your teeth without applying too much force because this isn’t exactly the best way to remove plaque. All you have to do is gently scrub your teeth and gums and do it in a circular motion and you could end up seeing a big difference in the color of your teeth in no time.
- Drink Tea Daily – Yes, you should drink a cup of tea daily. There is ingredients in tea that prevent bacteria from getting stuck to your teeth, so go ahead and drink tea on a daily basis. Plus, let’s not forget to mentioned that fluoride is found in many types of teas.
- Replace Toothbrush Regularly – Change your toothbrush regularly. You don’t need to do it weekly, but every 2-3 months will do you some good. If you don’t replace your toothbrush, then all you will be doing is transferring the bacteria back to your mouth from your toothbrush.
- Use Mouthwash That Is Free Of Alcohol – Use alcohol free mouthwash. Doing this is probably better than using mouthwash that contains alcohol. Just head to your local retail store and pick some mouthwash up and start using it as directed and before you know it, you could have whiter teeth.
These Teeth Whitening tips will help ensure that you have that beautiful winning smile that gets the right sort of attention. To find out more about Teeth Whitening in Markham, book an appointment with a Markham dentist today, or call dental office at 905-336-8255 today.