Need somewhere safe to keep your business’ cash takings until you have time to take them to the bank? Worried about leaving your possessions on display when you’re away from home?
You’re not on your own. In fact, more people are opting to invest in a security safe – particularly an underfloor safe that keeps their valuable items out of sight (and reach) of opportunistic criminals.
But the question is, could you benefit from installing an underfloor safe at your home or business?
Let’s find out more about underfloor safes and their pros and cons to help you make an informed decision.
What is an underfloor safe?
Exactly as its name implies, an underfloor safe is a secure box that’s installed beneath the floor.
Whilst the body of the safe doesn’t offer maximum protection, it’s encased in concrete to ensure your possessions are protected against pesky thieves.
Underfloor safes usually have a round door at the top that allows you to open them up with ease. The higher the security rating of the safe, the thicker the door will be.
When you need to take something out of the safe, you will have to bend down or sit on the floor – but you needn’t worry about having to drag the entire safe out from under the floor.
These safes have a deposit chute, which means you don’t need to open the safe door to put something inside the safe. It’s worth noting that the round lid limits the size of the items that can be stowed.
Pros of underfloor safes
One of the biggest benefits of installing an underfloor safe is that it will help you to safeguard your possessions either at home or in the workplace. But that’s not all…
- Underfloor safes are hidden from view and difficult to find, allowing you to protect your valuables against theft and damage.
- An underfloor safe can resist force and attacks, keeping your cash and other important items secure for as long as possible.
- Underfloor safes are typically bolted to the ground and encased in a layer of concrete, making it difficult for would-be criminals to move your safe and its contents.
- They’re widely available online, allowing you to purchase a high-security safe for a fantastic low price and have it delivered straight to your door.
Cons of underfloor safes
Whilst underfloor safes have their fair share of advantages, it’s also worth considering their downsides too, so you can be confident that you’re making a smart investment.
- Unfortunately, the small, round door limits what you can place inside the safe, making it unsuitable for large, bulky objects.
- Underfloor safes are installed beneath the ground and require you to bend or lie down on the floor to access the contents, which is less convenient than a wall safe that is positioned at eye level.
- It’s not recommended to install an underfloor safe in areas that are prone to flooding, as items such as paper and digital media may become damaged due to dampness.
Invest in an underfloor safe today
After weighing up the pros and cons, you should have a better idea of whether an underfloor safe is worth the investment.
Decided an underfloor safe is perfect for you? Well, take a look at the extensive range available to buy online at eSafes and use the filters to help narrow your search. Once you’ve found your ideal safe, add it to your online basket and proceed to the checkout. It’s as simple as that.
If you’re unsure or have any questions regarding underfloor safes, you’re welcome to contact the specialists at eSafes. Always on hand to help, they’ll happily share their expertise and offer advice and guidance.