Building your own firearm is entirely permissible under federal law, but many people make mistakes when doing so. If you’re interested in making your own handgun and have some basic firearms knowledge, 80percentarms.com sells pistol lowers that can assist you. Make sure to only use parts from recommended industries when creating your firearm. If you recognize and understand the function of each component of a Glock pistol and avoid the mistakes listed below, building a pistol at home isn’t difficult.
Common Errors to Prevent:
- It’s advised to use the SAAMI standard when dealing with ammunition. Because +p+ can create lots of pressure that can accelerate the wear on your firearm’s parts, it should be avoided.
- The nylon 6 polymer used to make the Glock frame gives it resistance to rust, deterioration, and loss of color. Try not to use carbon steel or other steel alloys when making frames since they rust easily. Also, don’t use a factory frame if your preference is a fully customized firearm. Always be aware of the frame size.
- Because a full-size Glock is more accurate, always use a competition frame when building a Glock for competitive use. This frame has a long barrel. Standard sizes should be avoided because they feature medium-sized barrels, and they’re useless for contests.
- Avoid using a hammer to insert and remove pins. Always employ a punch of the proper size instead.
- Gen 4 trigger housing should not be used as it may result in a crack in the magazine well’s back wall. Alternatively, the gen 4 ejector can be taken out of a gen 4 trigger and put back on a gen 3 trigger housing. The trigger housing pin, which secures the pistol frame’s back strap, is similarly constructed of black polymer.
- To avoid potential risk, the recoil spring channel should be cut such that the vertical walls and metal rail insert are flush with one another.
- There are three safety features on the Glock, including the Trigger Safety, Firing Pin Safety, and Drop Safety. These safety features have internal fire suppression systems. Lever and trigger bar are the materials employed in this system. Safeties should never be disregarded because doing so could result in the pistol firing when it’s dropped or before the user is ready for the next shot.
You can create the handgun of your choice and make sure it’s a safe weapon by avoiding the above mistakes. Figure out what features you want and don’t want in your Glock before you start building one. Then, you can build the gun piece by piece while considering the quality of the individual pieces. If there ever was a technical problem to arise with the gun in the future, you’d be able to solve it quickly because you would have a thorough grasp of all the components from making the pistol yourself.