Hair loss is a cause of worry for a lot of men. Having Healthy Hair boosts your confidence and gives you an overall defined look. PRP (plasma-rich platelet) is a treatment for hair loss that has been gaining popularity in the past years. In this article, Dr. Harikiran chekuri will give an overview of PRP treatment.
Dr. Harikiran Chekuri is one of the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad, with over 14 years of experience in hair transplant surgeries. He has been working at the redefine clinic, acclaimed to be a top clinic that provides one of the best hair transplants in Hyderabad.
Let’s see more information on PRP below,
What is PRP (plasma-rich platelet)?
Your blood’s liquid component, known as plasma, primarily consists of water and protein. It permits the movement of platelets, red blood cells, and white blood cells in your blood. These palettes assist in healing. Whenever there is a wound on your skin, these platelets repair and heal the wound. Doctors think that these platelets can promote and develop hair growth.
To collect plasma, the doctor will first draw blood from your arms and transfer the blood in a machine called a centrifuge, separating the platelet-rich plasma from the rest of the blood.
Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, says that PRP therapy requires that you have treatments between 4-6 weeks, and maintenance treatment requires every 4 to 6 months.
Steps involved in PRP
- Step 1: The doctor draws blood from your arm and then transfers it into a centrifuge (a machine that spins rapidly, separating fluid into various categories.
- Step 2: The centrifuge machine will separate the fluid into three layers.
- Platelet-rich plasma
- Platelet poor plasma
- Red blood cells
- Step 3: The doctor draws the plasma-rich platelet into the syringe and injects it into the scalp to increase hair growth.
Side effects of PRP
- Injury to blood vessels
Precautions to take before PRP treatment
You should take some precautions before the PRP treatments that includes,
- stop using blood-thinning medications, including vitamin E, A, essential fatty acids, etc.
- Stop consuming inflammatory drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.
- Always take the prescribed drugs.
- If you take any beta-blockers, let your doctor know.
- Avoid being in the sun and direct heat.
- Stop drinking and give up smoking.
- Avoid coloring your hair.
- Eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water.
Precautions to take after PRP treatment
- You can have some moderate redness, itching, and swelling for the next two to five days.
- Rarely do skin reactivity, or infection may happen.
- Avoid using ice or cold in the treatment area
- Continue to stay away from anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Steer clear of the sun, the heat, and vigorous exertion.
- For at least three days, abstain from caffeine, alcohol, and smoking.
- Eat a balanced diet and get enough water.
- As directed by your doctor, take all of your prescriptions.
Benefits of PRP hair treatment
Below you will learn some of the benefits of getting a PRP treatment,
- The PRP hair treatment is safe because it uses your blood plasma cells to promote hair growth.
- It is a rapid process with a strong outcome.
- It is a painless procedure.
- It is a non-painful procedure
- It is a method without adverse effects.
- It enhances blood flow to your scalp’s hair follicles.
- It maintains and encourages the growth phase of your hair.
- It controls the cycle of hair growth.
- It is a treatment that is economical.
- No spots or stress from a scar.
- Is the treatment for PRP painful?
PRP treatments are not usually painful, although you can face discomfort during the procedure.
- How long should you rest after PRP treatment?
Dr. Harikiran Chetkuri, one of the top hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad, says that you might require at least six weeks to recover and heal completely. Many patients recover within four weeks.
2. The right candidate for PRP?
The doctor will first examine you and see whether you are fit to undergo PRP therapy.