As they say, ‘first impression is the last impression,’ we all want to look and feel our best no matter what age. Gone are the times when treatments were made available to only a select few people; now, anybody at any age can avail the treatments in their comfort.
Aging is one of the most common worries that everybody goes through, as it has its own effects on the body and skin alike.
If you are one of the people who are worried about your aging skin, with wrinkles and fine lines, then this article will show you some of the best anti-aging treatments that you can opt for.
In this article Dr Anju Methil will share some of the popular anti-aging treatments in Andheri
Dr Anju Methil is one of the best dermatologists in Andheri; with an experience of 28+ years, she has a dedicated following of patients from all around the city because of her high standards and reputation. She is regarded for treating patients with the utmost care and efficiency.
Below we will see the different types of anti-aging
The different types of anti-aging treatments are:
Dermabrasion is one of the treatments used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, scars from previous surgery, age spots, sun-damaged skin, redness, uneven skin color, or tone says Dr Anju Methil, one of the best dermatologist in Andheri.
- Crow lines
- Red, and thick skin on the nose
- Scars from acne, accidents, or surgery.
- Skin growths that are benign
Microdermabrasion is a minimal treatment used to improve and renew the outside skin layer.
In microdermabrasion, a specific applicator with a grainy surface is used to gradually sand away the skin’s heavy outer layer, which helps rejuvenate the skin.
3. Chemical Peels
Chemical solutions are used to improve the overall appearance of the skin. Chemical Peels treatments are used on your face, hands, and legs:
Chemical peels are used to treat:
- Wrinkling skin around the eye area
- Fine lines around the eyes
- Eye bags
- Acne scars on the face
- Sun-damaged skin
- Dull looking skin
- Rough and dry patches
Types of chemical peels
- Glycolic: Glycolic acid peels remove dead skin cells and debris from the surface and middle layers of the skin.
- Lactic: Lactic acid is an anti-wrinkle and anti-pigmentation component that can be found in both Over The Counter and professional skin care products.
- Beta: A Beta Hydroxy Peel is a no-downtime, superficial procedure that renews the skin by lifting dead cells from the surface and boosting the metabolism of the cells beneath it.
- Pigment balancing: The Pigment Balancing peel effectively exfoliates dead skin cells while also assisting in skin texture refinement and wrinkle smoothing. Without the risks of intrusive surgery, this procedure will leave your skin appearing brighter, more radiant, and revitalized.
Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Acne scarring can produce skin tone irregularities, which can be treated with this product.
The Vitalize peel is one of the most popular chemical peels available because it is more gentle on the skin than traditional chemical peels.
5. Laser resurfacing
Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Dr Anju Methil, one of the best dermatologist in Andheri says that acne scarring can produce skin tone irregularities, which can be treated with this product.
Types of laser resurfacing:
- Ablative laser resurfacing: This laser burns the bottom skin (dermis) and removes the thin outer layer of skin (epidermis), stimulating the formation of collagen — a protein essential in improving skin firmness and smoothness. The treated region appears smoother and tighter as the epidermis heals and regrows.
- Non Ablative laser: Collagen growth is also stimulated by this method. It’s a less severe treatment than an ablative laser and takes less time to recuperate. The results, on the other hand, are less noticeable.
6. Dermal fillers
Dermal fillers are used to fill in wrinkles in the face and restore volume and fullness.
Types of dermal fillers
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: Biosynthetic production of calcium hydroxylapatite excludes the usage of animals or animal products. This reduces the risk of an allergic reaction and eliminates the need for physical examination.
- Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid treatments are used to restore the skin’s contour and eliminate potholes caused by scars, injuries, or wrinkles.
- Polyalkylimide: Polyalkylimide is biocompatible as it reacts less with the human tissue, and no allergy test is required.
- This type is used by doctors to
- Treat deep wrinkles
- Plump lips
- To make the cheekbones more prominent
- Polymethyl methacrylate microspheres – (PMMA): PMMA is used to treat very deep wrinkles and folds; it is used to fill scars and plump thin lips. If you want a more permanent change to your face, then PMMA is preferred.