A woodworking machine is designed to process wood. There are manual and power-drivenwoodworking machines, with the latter being desiredowing tothe high efficiency attained. A woodwork crafts worker usesthese machines commercially to produce timber products.
An instance of this machine is the LIDA woodworking machine currently available in Kenya. The modern deviceis awidely heldbrand of multipurpose woodworking machines, which canperform severalfunctions. For instance, lathe woodwork, sawing, grinding wood, drilling, etc.
The price of a LIDA woodworking machine price in Kenya ranges between Kshs. 125,000/= and Kshs. 150,000/=. Pricing depends on the functionality and specifications of the machine.
Types of woodworking tools
The numerous types of woodworking toolsexisting in the market are categorized as follows;
- Handheld power tools such as electric drills, handheld electric planes, jig saws, and nail guns. An artisan moves thedeviceover the workpiece.
- Stationary machines like table saws and wood lathe.An artisan moves theworkpiece over the machine.
Generally, multipurpose woodworking machines are electrically powered. They have powerful motors that drive an entire workstation tocarry out the various functions with ease. Artisans should consider the following aspects when looking for a woodworking machine in Kenya;
- Cost: affordable prices
- power consumption
- reliability and efficacy
Specifications of the LIDA woodworking machine
It is one of the well-designed equipmentoffered in the market.
- Thevalued woodworking machine allows an artisan to perform surface planing, tenon cutting, mortising timber, sawing, rabbeting wood, sharpen, routing, and thicknesstimber.
- One can find a LIDA woodworking machinein Kenya that performs five functions (5-in-1), one that performs eight functions (8-in-1), and one that performs 11 functions (11-in-1).
- The machine has a table made from solid cast iron. It offers stability even when working with large and heavy timber. The cast iron has a smooth finishing allowing you to achieve precision when working.
- The LIDA woodworking machine is easy to use. The tunings are easy to adjust. Also, there are clear hatch marks on each system for easy dimensions.
Benefits and drawbacks of LIDA woodworking machines
LIDA is a well-known woodworking machine brand in the lumber industry since the machines are of good quality and attainable at affordable prices in Kenya.
Advantages of incorporating the LIDO woodworking machine in a business include;
- It is versatile therefore provides highefficacyat work.
- Theinnovative design of the machine warrants that high power usage is minimized. The motor is made with more copper thus you get more power supply in a small package.
- It is durable thus you can use it for a long timebeforepurchasing a new one.
- It is cost-effective: requires minimal repairs; lowers running costs.
Disadvantages of having the LIDO woodworking machine in a business;
- It occupies more space than handheld tools.
- It causes noise pollution.
- It produces a lot of dustto bring aboutair pollution.
- Handle the device with caution because it ishazardous.
Obtaining a woodworking machine is a significant investment for a craftsperson. If you are looking for a suitable woodworking machine in Kenya with the greatest return on investment, kindly consider the LIDA woodworking machine. This machine can perform a lot offunctions executed by countless hand power tools in a workshop.