Australia is one of the leading countries in the installation of LED lights in the world. In 2016, there were more than 1 million LED lights installed in Australia, with a growth rate of 15 percent. This rapid growth is believed to be driven by the cost-saving benefits of LED lights and their durability, which can last for more than 20 years without needing replacement.
There are various benefits of installing LED lights in Australia. They are eco-friendly, bright, don’t have any mercury content, have an average lifespan of 50,000 hours, and are up to 25 times brighter than CFLs or fluorescent light. Not only can they save on electricity but also save on maintenance costs too. In this article am going to walk you through the things you need to know about LED light installation in Australia. Keep reading.
Why Are LED Lights Favourable in Australia
LED lights are more favourable for Australia for several reasons.
First, the country has a high population density. As such, LEDs can be used to achieve better indoor illumination so that people can see without using too much energy. Second, Australia is one of the most urbanized countries in the world and LED lights are suitable for urban settings; they can reduce glare from sunlight and headlights as well as provide better visibility at night. Third, Australia has some of the harshest climates, making it challenging to produce electricity from renewable sources. This is because most renewable sources are only available during the daytime or in certain weather conditions, limiting their use availability.
The Reasons for Installing LED Lights in Australia
LED Lights Are Energy Efficient
LED lights use less energy to produce light compared to other sources of light. For instance, a LEDs system can use 320 watts to make 43,800 lumens to light a High-Intensity Discharge lamp of 1000 Watts compared to other traditional lights that use 1000 watts to light the same lamp. Therefore, it helps homeowners and business owners to save energy and electricity bills. Read More About: foumovie
LED Lights Are Durable
To reduce or avoid the replacement and repair of broken bulbs, Australians install LEDs light. They are resistant to vibrations, shocks, and other external forces that may cause vandalism.
They also have a long-lasting life span of up to 50 000 hrs. For instance, if you use LEDs lights for 12 hours per day, the bulb will last over 11 years and 17 years if you use it 8 hours a day.
Reduce the Maintenance Cost
LEDs lights are simple to maintain compared to other traditional lights because they have a long-lasting life span and are designed to withstand any harsh conditions. They have a life span of up to 50, 000hrs which is 50 times longer than other conventional lights options.
LED Lights Are Environmentally Friendly
Compared to traditional lights such as fluorescent or mercury vapour lights, LED lights are far better for the environment. Why? Because, unlike conventional lights, they do not contain mercury. In other words, there is no risk of mercury poisoning if they break. They also don’t necessitate any special handling after the product’s existence.
The Process of Installing LED Lights in Australia
The process of installing LED in Australia is a bit different from the installation process in other countries. The reason for this difference is that there are some regulations in Australia that make it illegal to install any light without getting the necessary permissions from the authorities.
A company needs to take a few steps before they start installing LED lights. They need first to find out if it’s legal or not and then get all the necessary paperwork done before they start their work installation. The installation process for LED lights is not complicated.
The first step in the installation process is determining how many watts you need for your LED lights. A couple of factors that will affect this are the size of the room, how brightly you want to light up a room, and what sort of features are in your house. The second factor involved is choosing a color temperature. There are three colors; white color tuning LED dimming light lamp and full tuning LED. As a customer, you need to know each kind of color so that you can choose your color preference.
The third step is determining what type of LED strip or bulb you need. Some factors to consider when choosing an LED bulb or strip are compatibility with existing fixtures and wiring, the colour rendering index (CRI), and whether or not it needs a transformer.
The fourth step involves purchasing the right equipment for your project (e.g., wire, clips, light fittings) and installing everything correctly. This can be done by following instructions provided by LED lights company or hiring an expert. In addition, you can also determine whether or not existing wiring is efficient enough to run lights.
LED light installation in Australia is not a cheap process to undertake. But with the various benefits that it offers, it is definitely worth the cost to install them.
The Cost of Purchasing and Installing LED Lights in Australia
Despite the cost of installing LED lights being a bit expensive, Australia has taken the first step in reducing its contribution to global warming, and this step is installing LED lights
The government has encouraged its citizens to install LED lights in their homes to save energy and cut costs. However, installing LED lights is a costly affair since it requires proper planning and execution.
The cost of installing LED lights in Australia depends on various factors such as,
- The size of the LED light – the bigger the LED light, the higher the cost of installation
- number and type of lights you have installed and how much work needs to be done to rewire your house or office. The more the LED light you want to install, the higher the installation cost
- the type of installation – if the type of installation is complicated or needs more human resources, the cost will be high compared to a simple kind of installation
- the installation company _ expert companies charge differently, a national or international company will charge more compared to a small or a community company
According to the Australian energy foundation, LED lights range between $5 to $20 for a standard bulb, while downlights range from $50 to $ 75. LED rebates are also available. For instance, if you have 20 halogens or more, you can upgrade your lights at a minimum discount. The current rebates are;
- Upgrade each downlight at $ 25 per lamp, which is more than a 50 percent discount
- No call-out fee, which is usually $100 to $150
Different installation companies charge differently. There are those companies that may charge you per hour, per light fixtures, or per entire project. It entirely depends on the agreement you have with them. LED light installation can range between $300- $400. However, the price varies depending on the type of LED light you are installing. For instance, installing a LED light on a car like a head lamp in Australia could cost you $ 300. The table below shows different installation prices for different types of LED lights.
|Types of LED Lights||Price per bulb/hr $|
|light bar||330 -400|
|Recessed lights||175 -225|
|Wall-mounted lights||90 -200|
|Holiday lights||15 – 350|
|Ceiling lights||90 – 185|
|Pendant lights||100 – 250|
What Are the Types of LED Lights Available in Australia?
There are various types of LED light for nearly all types of light fittings in Australia. In addition, you can choose an LED light depending on the level of brightness or color temperature you need. For instance, if you need a light for a small room LED light with 800 lumens is suitable, while 1300 lumens are perfect for a large room.
For color and temperature, cool white produces neutral light suitable for any situation where you want to create alertness, such as kitchen, garage, and workshops. Warm white LED light has a warm glow that is similar to halogens and fluorescents. It produces a calming and relaxing light suitable for bedrooms, living rooms, and dining rooms.
The Top 10 Expert Companies that Install LED Lights in Australia
These are companies that provide complete sales services and installation of LED lights. They work with both homeowners and business owners who want to install LED lights. Here are the top 10 LED installation companies in Australia
|Acura electrical||Ellenbrook, WA|
|Flash electrical and data||Kingswood, NWS
|RMW PowerPlus||Hall Head, WA|
|RGD electrical and security||Oak Park, VIC
|EZZY R Electrical||Caulfield North, VIC
|Air plus Electrical||Ascot, WA
|S R Hope Electrical Pty. Ltd||Carlingford, NWA|
|Response Electricians||Perth, WA|
|Tiger Electrical||Eatons Hill, QLD|
|Global Lighting Electrical Services||Joondalup, WA|
These best companies can do the following when working with you:
- Install a power regulating transformer for maximum energy efficiency
- Access lighting hours, electricity rate, and utility provider
- They give you a 3-year warranty on parts and labour of installing
- They do recycling of the existing bulbs or globes
- They have access to government incentives.
- They have experts installer who install the LED lightings
How to Find LED Light Installers in Australia
Finding the right LED installer may be challenging. But it’s essential to look for an installer you can rely upon whenever you need help with your LED light system. The following ways may help you find the right LED light installer.
- Ask your friends and neighbours about the right LED light installer in your area.
- Check the website of the Australian local government.
- Talk to local professionals in your location to direct you to the correct installer at a low cost.
- You can check or google the internet to find the right LED light installer.
- You can seek references from people who have already upgraded or installed LED lights in their homes or businesses.
Where Can You Apply LED Lights in Australia?
- Business owners use LED lights in their factories and industries for lighting
- Warehouse use led lights such as strip lights, dock lights, or UFO hay bay lights to lighting
- Australia use LED lights in their health care facilities because LED lights are energy-efficient and also produce natural light that is not harmful to patients
- They are used as street lights and security lights in buildings
- Homeowners also use LED lights for lighting in their homes to cut the electricity bills and save energy.
- The cities in Australia have switched to LED lights in traffic lights and exit signs to help them save energy and cut off the emission of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
- They also apply in retail stores and offices in Australia for lighting.
To install LED lights in Australia, you need to understand the process of installing LED lights, the cost of the LED lights and the installation price. Finding the installer and top companies that offer installation services is also essential information you should know. In addition to that, you should know the types of LED lights available in Australia and why they are favourable in Australia. Start the journey today.
Visit The Site: khatrimaza