- IKGPTU is a state-owned institution of higher learning that was established in 1997 to provide advanced education in technical, management and pharmaceutical studies.
- The institution had initially been named Punjab Technical University before it underwent a name change to its current label in 2015. The name was changed in honor of the former Prime Minister of India, Late Sh. Inder Kumar Gujral.
- IKGPTU has campuses in Kapurthala, Amritsar, Batala, Bhikhiwind, Dinanagar, Hoshiarpur, and Khunimajra.
- The University bagged the award of best Technical University in the year 2013 in Distance Education.
Type of Courses
The programs offered for distance learning by IKGPTU include:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
- Master of Science in Information Technology (MSc. IT)
- Master’s in Computer Applications (MCA)
- MA Journalism and Mass Communication (MA-JMC)
- Both MA-JMC and MSc. IT requires a minimum duration of 2 years to complete. The maximum length for both courses is four years. The PGDCA is a one-year course, while MCA has a minimum duration of three years and a maximum of 5 years.
- Eligibility for admission into the MCA and M. Sc. IT programs are a bachelor’s degree in Maths, Statistics, Business Mathematics, Business Statistics, or Quantitative Techniques at 10+2 / degree level.
- Those who have passed a BCA program of at least three years’ duration from a recognized University (for MCA) or PGDCA, BCA, or BSc. IT (for MSc. IT) will also be considered eligible. Eligibility for PGDCA is graduation in any discipline.
- Similarly, the eligibility for admission to MA-JMC is a Bachelor’s degree in any stream of at least three years’ duration.
I.K. Gujaral Punjab Technical University Accreditation
- IKGPTU is currently not recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Below attached is its previous accreditation letter.
- The total fee for the MSc. IT program is Rs. 36,800 for the entire duration of the program. The total PGDCA fee is Rs. 17,400. In the same vein, the full program fee for the MCA course is Rs. 64,200, while you will need to part with Rs. 36,800 to complete the MA-JMC program.
How to Take Admission
- Applicants who are interested in the distance learning program at IKGPTU will have to fill the new admission form attached at the end of the prospectus provided for the distance education program.
- The prospectus can be downloaded from https://dde.ptu.ac.in/programmes-offered.php. The completed application form should be sent to the university along with the required demand draft.
- The fee can be submitted by drawing a demand draft drawn in favor of the Registrar, IKGPTU, and payable at Jalandhar.
- Candidates should endeavor to attach the fee demand draft in the original with the application form. Also, ensure to write your name, the course you applied, the semester you are paying towards, mobile number, as well as email address behind the demand draft.
- For applicants who would be visiting the school’s campus at Kapurthala, they can pay the fee via PoS using Credit-, Debit card or an electronic wallet.
- Also, completed forms and demand draft should be submitted either in person or through Registered/Speed Post only. Avoid sending through courier services. Forms can be sent to the address given below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: I want to take admission in Master’s in Computer Application what should I do?
Ans: For admission in MCA, you must have passed a Bachelor’s degree in any stream. Send the application along with necessary documents to the Directorate of Distance Education.
Q2: What are the career prospects after Distance courses from I.K. Gujaral Punjab Technical University?
Ans: These courses are ideal for those persons who do not want to quit their job. Placement opportunities are almost similar to regular courses.
Q3: What is the eligibility criteria for the admission in PGDCA?
Ans: Those who have passed a BCA program of at least three years’ duration from a recognized University (for MCA) or PGDCA, BCA, or BSc. IT (for MSc. IT) will also be considered eligible. Eligibility for PGDCA is graduation in any discipline.
Q4: Is I.K. Gujaral Punjab Technical University accredited by UGC?
Ans: Yes, It is accredited by UGC. An accreditation proof is attached above
Q5: What is the fee structure for the distance courses in I.K. Gujaral Punjab Technical University?
Ans: The fee structure for the courses offered at the university is discussed in detail.
Q6: How long does it take to complete a distance learning course at I.K. Gujaral Punjab Technical University?
Ans: Both MA-JMC and MSc. IT requires a minimum duration of 2 years to complete. The maximum length for both courses is four years. The PGDCA is a one-year course, while MCA has a minimum duration of three years and a maximum of 5 years.
Candidates who wish to make inquiries can reach the school through the following means:
- Director DDE
- 3rd Floor, IK Gujral Punjab Technical University
- Jalandhar Kapurthala Highway
- Kapurthala 144603
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 9478098108, 01822-662502
You might also like to read about Madras University distance education courses list. If you want to explore more distance mba options in India, please visit us here: www.mbaglue.com