Google Maps are simply amazing to think about when you have to move from one place to another. With the use of Google Maps, you can easily navigate your way to the destination. It's very easy to use. A map will show you the right direction and even the shortest direction to reach your destination as soon as possible. Besides the direction, Google Maps also shows you real-time traffic information in the route.
Advantages of Using Google Maps
- Easy to use.
- Let's you know about the shortest distance.
- Let's reach your destination in the shortest time possible.
- Keeps you aware of the traffic information in the route so that you can plan your travel accordingly.
How to Use Google Maps for Detecting Traffic
Google Maps detects the traffic in the route by tracking the movement of the Android phones/devices. An even better view of the traffic can be obtained by synchronizing the speed of your device with the other moving devices on that route. It is an amazing thing that lets you track the shortest route as well as the traffic along the route.
How to Track Traffic to Work Using Your Android Phone
One of the easiest ways to track traffic to work. Here are the steps to track traffic to work on your Android phone-
- First, you have to open the Google Maps application on your Android phone. This is a pre-installed application on every Android device.
- Next, you have to make sure that you are signed in. If you are not signed into, sign up.
- Now you have to enter your location. For a better and easier search, you can save your location in the app.
- For saving your location you have to click on the hamburger icon and then click on the "your places" menu.
- In the options, you have to select 'work'.
- Now you have to check for the shortest route possible to the desired destination or your workplace.
- In the next step, you have to click on the "stack" icon and then select the option "traffic".
- Now you will witness different colors suggesting various routes to your place.
- The Red color signifies heavy traffic, the orange color signifies mild traffic, while the green color signifies no traffic.
- You can pick up a green route for reaching faster to your desired location.
The iPhone or iOS users can also track traffic to the workplace by following the similar above-mentioned steps. The only difference is that the Android users have a pre-installed Google Map app on their phones while the iOS users have to install this app from the app store.
How to Check Traffic to Home Using a Browser
If you don't want to use an application, you have an alternative to use a browser. For checking traffic to home, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps-
- To use Google Maps, you have to first open the application on your device's browser.
- In the next step, you have to open up the menu using the menu icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- In the next step, you have to select your location and then click on the "Directions" option to get the routes for the location.
- In the next tab you have to click on the menu icon and then select the traffic option.
- Here also you will observe different colors signifying the traffic on the routes.
- Just like above, the red color signifies heavy traffic, while the orange color signifies moderate traffic, and the green color signifies light traffic.
- Now you will be easily able to track traffic to home on the browser.
How to Save the Name of your Workplace or Home?
You can save the name of your workplace or home in Google Maps while using it on any platform, as a browser, or as an application. Below are the steps to save the name of your workplace or home in Google Maps-
- In the very first step, open Google Maps. Now click over the Hamburger icon that is visible in the top right corner.
- In the next step select the option "your places".
- The next step includes categorizing the option by choosing any option, work or home.
- After choosing the category, you have to then enter your address or location and then click on the "save" option for saving the entered location.
- You can also save your location by selecting it from the map.
So, now we can conclude that Google Maps is a good-to-go option for your daily convenience and to estimate the time by looking at the traffic.
Technology has certainly made our lives easier and more manageable. We not only can roam around in an unknown place with the help of Google Maps but also guess the estimated time to reach that place.