Sketching by hand is very complicated, and there’s a fairly high chance of making mistakes. Furthermore, even a simple sketch takes hours to complete. So, what if we say that you can generate a wonderful sketch within a few seconds? Yes, that’s right! There are several free tools online, which can help you turn your picture into a sketch instantly.
This article covers some tools that can help you get the work done quickly. They’re available for free and don’t require Photoshop skills. Keep reading this article until the end for lots of information.
Image to Sketch AI
Consider this tool for a quick and hassle-free operation. No account or registration is needed. Simply visit the website and start doing your work. It’s specially designed for novices, who’re not technically advanced, or those who don’t have much knowledge about using photo editing tools. Almost the entire process is automated. This means that the website will need minimum input and efforts from your side.
Advantages Of Image to Sketch AI
Let’s view some notable benefits that are possessed by Image to Sketch AI.
- It’s totally free. You can save your money by using this tool. It won’t ask for your credit card information either.
- All the sketches are generated in high-quality graphics. So you don’t have to make extra efforts in upscaling them using some other tool.
- It’s time-saving. The processing is super fast, and your sketch will get ready within a few seconds.
- The server is safe to use. You don’t have to worry about your images being misused. The website doesn’t save any of your images on the cloud server.
- The access to the server is unlimited. This means you can convert countless photos since there’s no restriction on the usage.
- This tool is lightweight. It won’t hang or freeze your PC. That’s because the entire processing is carried out on the cloud server.
- If you’re not satisfied with a generated output, no worries. This tool produces multiple outputs, and you can choose the most appealing sketch from the list.
- Another benefit is that it’s simple to use. No complex settings, no complicated procedure.
How To Turn A Picture Into A Sketch
Follow the steps below to turn your image into a pencil sketch using Image to Sketch AI.
- Open this website in your browser https://imagetosketch.com/
- Upload the image. Make sure it’s not more than 5000px*5000px and the file format is only PNG, JPG, or JPEG only.
- Wait until the upload is finished. The server will automatically start generating the sketch.
- Within a few seconds, you’ll see a list of previews. Each preview has a dedicated download button.
- Click on the download button to save that image on your PC.
Just like Image to Sketch AI, there are many more tools that can turn your picture into a sketch. Let’s see how they all work one by one.
Want to know how to turn a picture into a sketch in Photoshop? Using Photoshop is slightly tricky and lengthy. Follow the steps very carefully.
- Open the application and load your image.
- It’ll be located on the “Background” layer. Let’s create a copy of this layer. Drag and drop the layer on the “new layer” icon, which is located just below the “Layers Panel”.
- Once you’ve got 2 layers in total, proceed to the next step.
- Go to the Image menu -> Adjustments -> Desaturate. This will turn the image black and white.
- Just like you create a copy of the layer earlier in step 2, make a copy of this layer in the exact same manner. You must now have 3 layers in total.
- Go to the Image menu -> Adjustments -> Invert. Your image will now look like a film negative.
- In the “Layers Panel”, you’ll find the word “Normal”. Click on it and select “Color Dodge” from the drop-down list.
- Now find the 4 horizontal lines, which is also called the menu icon. It’s located on the top right of the “Layers Panel”. Click on it and select “Convert to Smart Object”.
- Go to the Filter menu -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur.
- When a dialog box opens up, set the “Radius” value to create a pencil sketch effect. Change the values for varying effects. For instance, a lower radius value means a thin-lined sketch with no shadows. A Higher radius value means thick lines and increased shadow effects.
- Click OK. Save the image. Voila!
- Open the official website https://funny.pho.to/graphite-pencil-sketch/
- Upload your photo from the computer, URL, or Facebook. There are separate buttons for each.
- After the upload finishes, the sketch generation will initiate automatically. Wait until the results are displayed.
- On the right side of the preview, you’ll find a couple of tools for further enhancements. For instance, you can add custom text, stickers, or adjust the exposure, sharpness, colors, etc.
- Click on the “Save and Share” button to save it on your computer or share on social media.
- Visit the website https://www5.lunapic.com/editor/?action=sketch
- Upload your image from your PC. Alternatively, you can enter the URL from where you want to grab the image. Make sure that the URL has an image to avoid image search failure.
- The image processing will begin automatically when the upload process is finished.
- You’ll be redirected to a new window where you’ll find the preview. The preview can be slightly larger, so don’t panic.
- There’s a slider above the image. Slide it to adjust the sketch effects.
- When you’re satisfied with the results, click on the “Save” link located at the bottom of the image.
- Alternatively, you can share the image on social media by clicking the dedicated links there.
So we learned about several online tools, which facilitate converting your image into a sketch without hassle. As you can see, all of them are extremely easy to use. However, Photoshop can be counted as an exception though.