Diabetes and erectile dysfunction are strongly associated with each other. Erectile dysfunction, also called impotence, refers to a man’s inability to achieve and sustain erections that last long enough for completing sexual intercourse.
For some men, it may mean the inability to get an erection, while for others, the problem is that they can’t maintain an erection for long. There may be many likely causes of erectile dysfunction, including physical and psychological factors. Men who have diabetes generally develop this condition within ten years of diagnosis. And studies have found that those who have high blood pressure (hypertension) or heart problems may start experiencing erection problems much earlier.
What’s The Link Between Diabetes and Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is not an indispensable part of aging, but if someone has diabetes, they can develop this problem earlier than others. While most males just develop moderate erectile dysfunction, some can have a more serious form.
Diabetes primarily occurs due to increased sugar levels. These elevated levels can cause damage to the nerve and blood vessels throughout the body and have a negative impact on various body organs.
To understand the link between diabetes and erectile dysfunction, you should first comprehend how an erection occurs.
Erection occurs when your penis receives an increased blood flow which happens with the release of nitric oxide when you’re sexually aroused. The brain and the soft blood vessels in the penis relax so that more blood can fill them up. It expands the blood vessels inducing an erection.
Diabetes damages blood vessels and nerves that supply blood to the penis and thus can impact your ability to get or maintain erections. Moreover, elevated glucose levels decrease the amount of nitric oxide that gets released into your bloodstream when you’re aroused.
The Risk Factors For Diabetes and Erectile Dysfunction
Various factors elevate the risk of developing erectile dysfunction when you have diabetes. They include:
- Unhealthy diet: Diet has a considerable impact on our health. If you have erectile dysfunction and you take a diet that lacks essential nutrients and fiber, your symptoms may worsen.
- Stress: those who have some family- or work-related stress usually have more problems with erectile dysfunction than those who are less stressed.
- Depression: Men who are dealing with depression have comparatively more sexual problems than others.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure (hypertension) is a major contributing factor that increases your chances of developing diabetes and erectile dysfunction.
- High blood sugar: It’s crucial to manage your blood sugar levels because if the blood sugar level keeps on fluctuating, nerve and blood vessel damage becomes more likely.
- Smoking: Diabetes isn’t easy to manage, and those who smoke get ED earlier in life than those who don’t.
- Obesity: Those who are overweight or obese and have diabetes suffer earlier from diabetes.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Diabetes and Erectile Dysfunction
If you have persistent problems with erections, you should consult your doctor immediately. Share all symptoms you are experiencing without any hesitation, along with your medical history. These details are necessary for a doctor to suggest a suitable treatment option for you.
If you have diabetes but do not experience erection problems, you can talk to your doctor about your risks.
Oral ED medications are the first-line treatment for erectile dysfunction. These medicines help produce firmer erections for sexual intercourse by improving the blood flow in the penis and testicles. These medications do not interact with diabetes medications, but you should start using them only after consulting a doctor.
Are there many different ED pills available on the market? Which one is the best? Well, no medication is best for ED as different medications work differently for different people. You should take the one that your doctor recommends for optimum results.
What Is Kamagra Oral Jelly?
Kamagra oral jelly is an oral medication used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. It is safe, effective, and the most convenient to use medication. Unlike hard-to-swallow, bitter taste pills, Kamagra oral jelly is available in gel form and in many different flavors. You can choose which of the flavors of Kamagra oral jelly to take each day.
How To Take Kamagra Oral Jelly?
You should follow the guidelines of your healthcare provider for the correct usage of the medication. It is generally recommended to take one dose of Kamagra oral jelly at least 30 minutes prior to engaging in sexual activity. The effects last for 4 – 6 hours. Make sure you don’t take heavy meals or excessive alcohol while you are planning to take Kamagra oral jelly as it can lead to adverse effects.
What’s The Best Place To Shop For Kamagra Oral Jelly?
Kamagra oral jelly is a popular ED medication that you can buy from any online or tangible pharmacies. We recommend buying it from Cheap Medicine Shop as this online pharmacy delivers authentic ED pills at the best prices. Irrespective of whether you wish to buy Kamagra oral jelly or any other ED medications, you’ll find them at this particular pharmacy.
Getting diagnosed with erectile dysfunction doesn’t mean it’s the end of your happy sexual life. Consider the following tips to deal with your diabetes and reduce your risk of developing erectile dysfunction.
- Regulate blood sugar level: Regulating your blood sugar levels will help prevent damage to the blood vessels, nerves, or organs. You could regulate your blood sugar level by switching to a healthy diet. It will help enhance your energy levels and psychological health.
- Manage weight: If you are overweight or obese, even a slight weight loss will help you control your diabetes and prevent erectile dysfunction. You will not only feel lighter but also experience improved mood and better erections.
- Exercise: Getting physically active can be advantageous for you in multiple ways. It will help reduce your blood sugar level, increase blood circulation to various organs, and experience enhanced energy levels. It will help you shed pounds and make you feel better about yourself.
- Mitigate your stress levels: Stress obstructs sexual arousal, which may be a significant reason you have erectile dysfunction. You can try different activities to mitigate your stress levels, including yoga, meditation, exercising, listening to music, etc., find your niche and do the activities that you enjoy the most. If your stress levels don’t improve with time, kindly consult your doctor.
- Reduce alcohol intake: Excessive alcoholism may damage your blood vessels, leading to high blood sugar. It is scientifically proven that while alcohol increases your cravings for sex, it diminishes your ability to get aroused. Alcohol intake can prompt you to smoke, which can harm your overall health.
- Sleep more: Tiredness is a common cause of erectile dysfunction. Make sure that you get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night to manage your diabetes and prevent erectile dysfunction.