CLAT exam, which stands for Common Law Admission Test, is a national level exam conducted for admission in top law institutes in India. The CLAT 2021 exam will be held by a body named Consortium of National Law Universities. The CLAT examination is held for admission in UG na PG programs offered by the NLUs (National Law Universities).
The candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria to appear in the exam. The eligibility criteria for UG is different from that of CLAT LLM. The candidates who are appearing for the UG program must have completed class 12th, and the ones who are appearing for LLM should have completed their graduation in LLB (3 year LLB or five years LLB). There’s no age limit in the CLAT 2021.
CLAT eligibility criteria for Undergraduate Law Programs (UG)
Following are the eligibility criteria that a candidate must fulfil if looking for admission to 5-year integrated LLB programs-
- The candidate must have passed the class 12th or an equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates who are still appearing in the qualifying exam can also appear in CLAT UG 2021.
- The candidates from the general category have to secure at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam to be eligible for the CLAT 2021.
- The candidates from SC and ST category need to secure at least 40% marks to be eligible.
- There’s no age limit for appearing in the CLAT exam 2021.
CLAT eligibility criteria for Postgraduate Law Programs (LLM)
Following are the eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to meet-
- The candidate must have completed a graduate degree in Law (3 year LLB or five year LLB) from an institute recognized by the Bar Council of India-
- Candidates who are appearing in their final semester of graduation can also appear in the CLAT LLM.
- The candidates are required to secure at least 55% marks to be eligible for the exam.
- The SC/ST category candidates need to secure at least 45% marks to be eligible.
- There is no age limit for appearing in the CLAT LLM 2021.
Some other information related to eligibility criteria-
- The candidates appearing in the qualifying exam and CLAT in the same year need to ensure that they score the minimum required marks. If they fail to score the minimum required marks, they will stand disqualified from the further admission process.
- If a candidate wants to appear in the CLAT while also appearing in the qualifying exam, he/she will be required to submit the passing certificates and documents at the time of counselling to get admission.
Note- There is no limit on the number of attempts, and the candidates can appear in the exam as many times as they want.
The CLAT exam result cum scorecard will contain the candidate’s scores in each section and overall marks. The result date for the CLAT 2021 is yet to be announced.
The candidate will be required to visit the official website of the CLAT Consortium and log in with their ID to download the result/scorecard.
So this was all about the CLAT eligibility criteria and result. If you’re a candidate who will appear in this exam, you’ll be required to meet the eligibility criteria. The CLAT 2021 result is expected to be announced after the exam is over.