In the 21st century what we can see is plenty of health issues in people due to a decrease in the quality of food products and raw materials. Thus yoga plays a very important role in fighting some major diseases and helping you to lead a healthy and fit life. Today’s topic for discussion is one such very deadly yet common problem in people “heart problem.” Several poses help one to deal with the heart problem that you may be facing. These poses are also taught in the 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh and the importance of these poses is reciprocated by the gurus to the learners.
All these poses are extremely easy and are also a part of the 300 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh so when you are registering you can choose specific asanas for recovery of any problem that you may have. These asanas will be effective after few weeks when you practice them regularly. All the five poses that are listed below are very helpful and easy and one can do but any type of discomfort must be avoided during these poses. So let us see what are the five best poses to recover from heart disease.
Bridge Pose/ Setu Bandhasanaa
This pose helps you deal with any type of heart problem as this will enhance your breathing working directly on the heart. This may be a little difficult when you start but while you keep on doing this you will be at ease. The pose must be performed in the following manner: –
- Lie down on your back and relax for few seconds. Then bend your knees keeping the feet on the ground tight. The lower portion of the body must be entirely stuck to the ground with the hips kept apart from each other.
- The palms must be placed down on the ground with hands kept flat.
- Then with the support of the hands take a deep breath and keeping your legs at support take your hip up.
- Then lift your chest up and at this point with your arms and shoulder on the gripping and buttock to lift the hips higher. Hold this pose for at least 4-10 breathes and then slowly come down.
- If you are a complete beginner, then you can take this in-person 100 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh where they teacher more about this asana from the beginner level.
Extended Triangle Pose / Utthita Trikonasana
This pose will make you relax as well as makes the breathing at ease reducing any heart problem that you have. The doing of the pose is also very easy and one of the best poses for many problems. The pose has to be done in the following way.
- Stand on your yoga mat keeping a wide distance between your legs keeping one foot out and the other slightly inward.
- Then form a T with the Torso and raise your arms to both sides.
- Take a deep breath and touch your left foot or ankle with your left hand and the right kept at the very top head facing towards the right hand.
- The position should be parallel to the floor and straight. This similar thing must be repeated 2-3 times with a deep breath on both hands and feet.
Paschimottanasana/Seated Forward Bend Pose
One purpose which is very easy to do and has three main benefits. This pose reduces the back pain, belly fact join aches as well as heart problems. To do this pose all you need to do is:-
- Sit on the mat with legs on your front.
- Take your hands over your head straight up take a deep breath and touch them to your ankles where your ankles are pointed straight and tight.
- The nose must touch the knees do this and hold this pose until you are comfortable.
Gomikhasana/ Cow face-
This pose will help you control your breathing and directly work on the front portion of your body thus helping you with your heart problems. This pose also helps in any spinal error as well thus doing this pose will help you in two ways. To do this pose all you need to do is:-
- Sit in a very comfortable position with your right knee over your left knee both folded and one on top of the other.
- The feet of both legs must be close to your buttock as much as possible.
- Then take your left arm at your back and bend the elbow making the arm in a “V” position.
- Try and hold the left hand with your right hand. If you cannot hold try at least to reach as much as possible.
- Both the arms must be in a “V” shape and tight as much as possible keep breathing slowly and hold the pose at least for 30 seconds.
Ardha Matsyendrasana/ half Spinal Twist Pose
Helps you recover from any of your back pain working constantly on your knees. This asana works on the heart very well and is considered one of the most beneficial and easy one. All your need to do is sit in a relaxed position and perform the asana. Doing this asana will help you resolve your breathing problem bringing inn control most of the components of your body. Keep yourself highly hydrated while doing any of the poses. To do this asana you need to follow the following steps.
- Sit on the ground in a relaxed position with legs on the front.
- The next step is that you will have to bend your knees bringing the right one close to your hip and the left ankle near to your right leg.
- Place the hand behind you on the mat at your hip position.
- Now you will have to raise your right arm and lower it to the left thigh as you twist the face to the opposite side.
- Hold the pose as long as you are comfortable.
Thus these were all the five poses that will help one to recover from any type of heart problem. Also with the practice of yoga, certain food habits must be controlled. If you are having a major heart problem then oil, red meat, butter, ghee, etc must be in control. The habit of eating junk must be eradicated and thus you will be helped. These poses must be done regularly and slowly you will see improvements. Also while doing any of the asanas if you are facing any problem then the asanas should be stoped immediately and you must consult your doctor.