Until recently, women in India were ashamed to buy bras. As a consequence, most women wind up wearing bras that do not fit, either because they are reluctant to ask for the proper kind or because they are unsure of their size. This article will assist you in having the greatest bra purchasing experience possible.
Things are slowly but steadily changing, due to internet lingerie retailers and the fact that most textile department stores now have a separate area for women’s lingerie. Staff can also assist you in measuring your physique. Knowing the proper size is simply one step in the process. Continue reading for advice on selecting the best bra.
Top 5 Bra Buying Guidelines
If you, like many others, have spent a lot of money on the incorrect bra, these recommendations will come in helpful.
1. Determine the Appropriate Band and Cup Size
The size of the cup and the size of the band are crucial factors in deciding the bra size you wear. If your breasts spill over the edges, your cup size is too tiny. If you choose the improper band size, your fat will adhere to the side of your bra. If your bra does not fit properly, your cup size and bra size may be wrong.
The majority of women choose to wear bras that are one size smaller than the rest of the population. It is critical to understand your size and form.
- Use a tape measure just beneath the bust to determine your band size.
- To determine cup size, measure your breasts from the top.
- Measure yourself while wearing a non-padded bra.
- Do not be afraid to ask a lingerie specialist at your neighborhood clothing store for a measurement.
- Do not be afraid to get a larger size for what is best for you.
- Table sizes vary depending on the band. Before purchasing, compare your dimensions to the size chart.
- The band size influences the cup size. The 38C “C” cup, for example, is smaller than the 42C.
2. How to Select the Best Bra for You?
Don’t get caught up in the all-purpose breast bra trap. Bras come in a variety of styles. Each form of bra serves a certain function. See the next section for further information on the five kinds and purposes of bras.
3. Go Shopping Online
Online bra shop are growing in popularity in Australia. You may get the size and kind you need from online lingerie stores. You also have access to international brands. A thorough measuring chart will be sent with the bras. This improves the shopping experience. The nice thing is that most of these websites include a “try and buy” option as well as return policies.
4. Determine the Best Fit for Your Loosest Hook
With repeated wear, bras may expand up to 2-3 inches. You should make sure your bra fits comfortably on the smallest hook, which is also the longest. This enables you to utilize tighter hooks as the bra expands.
5. Make a Sound Judgment
While bright colors, embroidery, and laces are all lovely, make sure you only choose bras that are functional and comfy. A decent bra may be rather expensive. Before you choose a bra, be sure it will be worn underneath a dress or saree blouse. Also, keep in mind that breast size fluctuates with age and that you will need to be measured. Ideally, you should have your breasts measured every 6 months.