Hair loss – a problem that is becoming increasingly common in India, both in men & women. There are several factors at play when we talk about hair loss. It could result from a poor diet, pollution, poor hair care, side effect of a particular medicine, etc. Fortunately, there are technologies and remedies for this condition.
To treat hair loss, it is important we first understand what causes it. If the causes are recognized, we can make an effort to eliminate the condition early on in the process. Here are a few causes of hair loss:
- Genetics: Hair loss can be caused due to poor genetics. Male pattern baldness is an example of hair loss due to poor genetics.
- Stress: Studies show that unnecessary stress can deprive your hair of essential nutrients, thus making them weaker. Work out, meditate, live a stress-free life to ensure good hair!
- Lifestyle Habits: A good lifestyle can eliminate most health issues & hair loss is no exception. Getting adequate sleep (7-8 hours), working out, & quitting smoking can go a long way in ensuring great hair!
- Hair Care Products: When it comes to hair care, one size doesn’t fit all. Some shampoos & conditioners, hair gels and other hair care products can lead to hair fall.
Now that we have discussed the causes of hair loss that can be prevented, let’s discuss the treatment options available if the problem persists after fixing the causes. For hair loss treatment in Mumbai, you could go for any of these options:
1. Laser Hair Therapy
Laser Hair Therapy (LHT) is a non-surgical treatment done for hair loss, thinning hair & scalp issues. In this treatment, laser light stimulates cell metabolism & repairs the damaged cells. It is a very safe way to treat hair loss & the machines used are US FDA approved.
2. Mesohair Therapy
Mesohair therapy is another non-surgical treatment for hair regrowth. The procedure boosts vitamins & improves blood flow in the scalp, which creates a perfect atmosphere for the hair to grow back. It treats the bald patches & activates hair follicles. The treatment can be performed on both – men & women.
3. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
In this treatment, a concentration of human platelets in a small volume of plasma is taken from another part of your body & injected into the scalp. These platelets consist of growth factors, which help in softer healing of the hair tissue, thereby promoting hair growth.
4. Cyclical Medicine for Hair Loss
As the name suggests, cyclical medicine is a set of drugs that one needs to consume periodically. The treatment is prescribed to those who have a hair loss problem running in their family and is recommended for both – men & women.
In this article, we discussed about the causes and treatment options available for hair loss. Keep in mind that it is an extremely common condition that can be treated if you consult the right Doctor.
For hair loss treatment in Mumbai, you can contact Dr. Viral Desai – a pioneer in hair loss treatments and other plastic & cosmetic surgeries. Dr. Desai has had a long career of over 20 years & has worked with many celebrities & high-profile clients. We recommend him if you are looking for hair loss treatments in Mumbai or Pune.