Homeschooling is a new model of education that allows parents to teach their children at home, instead of sending them to school. The society and parents in general are paying more attention towards homeschooling today. Children are not sent to public schools, resulting in the prevalence of homeschooling.
Homeschooling, at its core, is a method by which children can study at home from well-skilled and professional tutors. At present ages, there are a number of opportunities and resources accessible to homeschooling families. Children who are being educated at home have more chances to understand any subject. As the tutor pays his attention to that one pupil and can develop their interest in the subject of their liking.
Homeschooling is chosen by the parents for numerous reasons. The benefits it provides include:
1. Freedom to Set Pace
- Parents have the freedom to teach their child based on the schedule and techniques they like.
- The child can learn things based on his/her own pace.
- You have freedom to follow your own schedule and rules.
- The child has freedom to ascend forward academically.
2.Foster Happiness and Creativity
- According to research, it is said that homeschooled students are more active in social life and in their community as compared to the students of public schools.
- A large number of homeschooled students went for higher education and succeeded on the happiness scale.
- It has been accepted twice through research that homeschoolers are much better than the publicly educated students.
3. Homeschoolers Interact the Way they Want
- Homeschoolers have plenty of time for interaction with their friends or relatives.
- The isolation of the students depends on their parents whether they want them to stay home or to interact.
- Homeschoolers have a lot of opportunities to do extra activities after their study hours.
4. Flexibility in Schedule
- Students don’t have to dash out during early morning hours for school.
- The lesson’s length is decided by the parents.
- Holidays can be taken whenever necessary without giving any explanation.
- Homeschoolers can have a chance to enjoy life with their parents during off season without any tension.
5. Can Make Quick Progress When Required
- There is no confusion in learning for the homeschoolers as they have a tutor who only focuses on them.
- Slow learners can learn according to their pace and last learners can learn according to their pace.
- They are not spiritually or mentally dependent on public school students.
6. More Control in Parenting
- Homeschooling is commonly referred to as Premium Parenting. This is because the parents are informally involved in the learning process.
- Public school kids only get some attention of the parents during homework while homeschoolers get a quality of attention from their parents.
- The parents who know the subject of their child well can help him to learn and share details about that subject in an interactive manner.
7. No Coerced Homework
- There is no or very little homework for homeschoolers as they pay most of the attention to the learning process.
- Parents don’t have to take undue efforts for lengthy assignments given to their child.
8. Much Better at Tests
- According to research, it is proved that homeschoolers score better than the students of public schools.
- In SAT test, homeschoolers scored 67 point more than the average score.
- The children who are homeschooled from young age have more capability to perform better.
9.Special Needs are Well Served
Most public schools do not have a defined path to treat children with special needs. For instance, a child with special needs or a disability may not be treated well in school. This may be a hindrance for the child and also results in social stigma. If the child is homeschooled, their special needs will never be ignored and will be the number one priority.
10. Family Environment
- Family environment is the best for a child’s mental health. Homeschooling makes it possible which results in keeping the child mentally healthy.
- It also helps the child in faith development as well as social and value development.
11. Cooperative to Multiple Situations
- Homeschooling is also available for military families.
- Homeschooling is also convenient for families that regularly shift states.
- It also accommodate with the families who face illness and challenging schedules.
12. Efficient and Meaningful Learning
- In homeschooling, there is a low ratio of students and teachers which reduces the wastage of time.
- The tutors avoid everyday tests and they focus on the learning process of the child.
- Tutors pay their full attention to the pupil and help him understand things and make their concepts clearer.
13. Involvement in the Community
- There is much more precious time available to the students for social interaction, community involvement, volunteering and services.
- Instead of spending time doing endless homework of the school, homeschoolers spend their time with their friends and relatives.
14. Time for Extracurricular Activities
- Homeschoolers can spend their time in making projects and doing real experiments after their study hours.
- They can also make time for playing different indoor and outdoor games and can have a chance to do their hobbies.
15. Academic Flexibility
- Homeschooling can work with all type of children.
- The tutors can teach every child whether he is creative, quite, strong willed, challenging, active or dull.
16. Continued Learning
- A child’s individual potential will be valued rather than that minimum school standard.
- Even during a lag in skill development, the child can continue his learning process.
- Homeschoolers don’t have to worry about the school timings and can schedule their routine accordingly.
17. More Independence and Diversity in Learning
- Homeschoolers were asked a question and they replied that they were much more independent during their life and during their learning processes.
- Homeschoolers do not wait for external instructions as they were always self determined.
- They are more confident in the face of problems.
In conclusion, it is proved that homeschooling is much more common in the world now than before. Parents consider homeschooling over other options, for the better development of their child. Since homeschoolers receive more focus they often go on to achieve success in every field of their life.
Knowing these benefits of homeschooling, people are forced to consider this interactive mode of learning and shy away from schools and education institutes. Students that are educated at home are able to adjust to the competitive environment of the professional world without compromising on future learning. As a result of this, the online courses provided by Ubootcamps.com are easier for homeschooled students to get a hang of.