Technology has evolved from corded phones that were used for communication to smart devices that fit in our pockets and are capable of multiple simultaneous communication functions. As exciting as it gets, we’re living in the golden age of technology. Those who believed that smartphones were a massive breakthrough are now awed by the idea of smart homes.
But do you really need smart home automation? This guide discusses some compelling reasons why you need a smart home in 2021 and beyond.
Top 10 Reasons to Use Smart Home Automation
- Among the biggest virtues of owning a smart home is that you get to control things from wherever you are. You need not wait for the delivery man to arrive before leaving because you can always unlock your door with a single tap on your smartphone. Similarly, you can remotely switch off the light or air conditioner that you left open and control everything that’s connected to the smart home network from around the globe.
- Smart homes have come to redefine convenience. All you need to do is issue a command starting with ‘Okay Google’ or ‘Alexa,’ and that thermostat will adjust to the desired temperature or the TV will turn on.
- If home security is your top-of-the-mind concern, a smart home has you covered. When someone visits you while you’re away, you’ll be notified via your mobile app. You may allow a family member in or choose to ignore a stranger. No intruder can enter your home without alerting out spontaneously.
- A smart home system lets you customize electronic appliances the way you want them. With a custom electronics professional, you should be able to program the system as per your lifestyle. For instance, the system will know when you’re about to arrive back home from work and will automatically switch on the air conditioner at a specific number of minutes before your arrival. You may also have your lights respond automatically to how you live. If you want, they’ll gradually dim in the mornings and rise at sunset.
- In today’s fast-paced world, technologies are rapidly upgraded and replaced with newer ones. Plus, you’re introduced to new uses and Stead Tech devices every now then. As a highly flexible system, smart home automation accommodates a range of new appliances and devices. As new devices are launched, you’ll be able to integrate them seamlessly into your smart home system.
- When lights automatically turn on and off as you enter or leave the room and air conditioning and other devices are tailored as per your daily schedule, you benefit from increased energy efficiency. In other words, smart home automation can significantly reduce your electricity bills.
- Impressively, smart home automation also helps improve appliance functionality. When you connect your appliances with automation technology, they get closer to perfection, and you’re able to make the most out of them. For instance, cooking your chicken in a smart oven should be free of errors. You won’t have to worry about undercooking or overcooking.
- Smart home automation also helps you avoid life-threatening emergencies. Unlike traditional smoke detectors that would only rely on an alarm to notify you about a potential fire, smart smoke detectors will alert you right on your smartphone so you can respond immediately, even when you’re outside.
- With a smart home, you won’t be hesitant to pursue trips and vacations due to security concerns. Automation helps you simulate your normal activity, such as turning lights and the TV on and off as you would normally do, so that the thieves don’t get active.
- Finally, you benefit from 24/7 Surveillance. Install smart surveillance cameras at entry points and other critical points in your home, and you should be able to view them from wherever you are.